Tuesday 28 June 2011

Great Wall, Manchester

Yet another cheap, cheerful bargain lunch!

Regular readers of my blog will know my new year resolution was to do every restaurant in Chinatown. It has proven a difficult task, as we are more than halfway through the year and I have selected a couple of favourites that I keep going back to time and time again! I had a visitor up from Liverpool and to make things easier, they decided for me!

The Great Wall is a basement restaurant, oozing old fashioned charm and traditional British Chinese out of its pores! Sticky carpet? Check. Ducks in window? Check. Cheap 'businessman's deal'? Check. Don't you just LOVE old school Chinese?

They are in direct competition with the neighbouring China City, with both of them offering their business lunch at £4.50. It's cheaper than a Meal Deal, I hear you cry. To start, I had my staple dietary requirement of Vegetarian Hot and Sour soup and my goodness, it blew the cobwebs away. Take a bow, this is a strong competitor for the most fiery soup in the North West! Predictably, I chose a saucy Szechuan tofu as my main, hair of the dog after a hot and sour! The main portions were a bit on the small side, but what do you expect for such a cheap price? A small ice cream was also included, plus I threw one of their scrumptious mango desserts down my neck from their normal full price dessert menu. YUM!

Great Wall on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Vindaloo Kings and Queens!