Sunday 19 April 2015

Sabah w Masa, nr Ramada Signal, Doha

After being in Doha the last year, it was difficult deciding which eaterie to blog about first. Should I do a posh hotel buffet as Qatar is synonymous with wealth and luxury? Should I keep in with my blog's theme and do a cheap and cheerful Indian? In the end, I decided on Sabah w Masa, a reasonably priced Arabic bistro which also does a reliable delivery service.

Similar to my previous blogs about Dubai, Lebanese is one of the most popular cuisines here and has the advantage of being healthy, filling and value for money. The menu is normally the same wherever you go with falafel, hummus and shawarma featuring heavily and lashings of complimentary bread and a bountiful salad to accompany. Sabah w Masa is no different but for me, its USP that puts it ahead of its rivals is the sheer variety in the menu. My favourites are the hummus with pine seeds and for the carnivores there is even a hummus containing meat! My usual order is the batata harra (spicy potato cubes, highly recommended for fans of Spanish patatas bravas), foul mudammas (a traditional fava bean breakfast dish in this part of the world but for us Brits, great for lunch and tea), mini tabouleh (dont be fooled by the name) and one of the delicious saj Arabic wraps. 

The restaurant is very modern and friendly to lone female travellers too, some of the Lebanese eateries can be a bit dingy and intimidating but this one is truly a hidden gem. If you're having trouble finding it, it's on the same side as Starbucks and just past the Iranian restaurant. 

Here's my last feast to tickle your tastebuds:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Vindaloo Kings and Queens!